Disclaimer: This is not tips from the expert, I only wrote my experiences when I am learning knitting. 😛
I found many kitting patterns are combination of decreasing and increasing. Before I spend hours and hours to make something, it’s better I am mastering in knitting techniques to know how it looks after done. After mastering cast on, knit (k) and purl (p) in this post, this time I will show you what I did for mastering techniques for decreasing. To decrease knitting pattern we should make even decreasing both side. There are 3 techniques for decreasing: k2tog, ssk and psso.
I found this video tutorial about k2tog.
I made pattern to mastering this technique as follow:
- cast on 22 sts
- row 1-4: k
- row 5: k8, k2tog, k2,k2tog, k8
- row 6 (all even row until row 20) : k3, p before last 3 sts, k3
- row 7: k7, k2tog, k2,k2tog, k7
- row 9: k6, k2tog, k2,k2tog, k6
- row 11: k5, k2tog, k2,k2tog, k5
- row 13: k4, k2tog, k2,k2tog, k4
- row 15: k3, k2tog, k2,k2tog, k3
- row 17: k3, k2tog, k2tog, k3
- row 19: k3, k2tog, k3
- row 21-24: k
- Cast off
Make pattern just like k2tog. Exchange k2tog with ssk. Here is my result. 🙂
Just like k2tog and ssk, follow the pattern as before and exchange k2tog with psso.
Can you see the different results among those techniques? See you in mastering of increasing 🙂
Bonus: video for cast off