I still can’t believe it finally I made something! Yea I made cute booties, very cute booties. OK maybe the opening is too much, actually it’s very easy project. 😀 The original pattern of booties was found on Beginner Basics on the Go (Vogue Knitting). Skill: gauging, knit, purl, decreasing, pull up, and sewing garter stitches.
Gauging is very important to make knitting project. Gauging is how to determine how many stitches and rows per inch. We don’t want to make a pair of booties for newborn but then we have booties for Godzilla. So, take time to check the gauge. I found video for gauging.
I used cotton yarn, SPS05 by puyeng, needle; 3 3/4 mm, gauge: 24 sts and 47 rows for 4″. I made booties for newborn baby:
- cast on 25 sts, then grater stitches for 5″. Cast off.
- Pull up along side for 30 stitches knit 10 rows.
- Divided stitches into 3 part each 10 stitches.
- Rest right and left part, knit center part 11 rows.
- Knit 10 rows from: 10 stitches form left, pull up 7 stitches from left center side, 10 stitches from center, pull up 7 stitches from right center side, and 10 stitches form right.
- Decreasing part: decreasing 8 stitches in row 1, 3, 5
- knit in row 2, 4, 6,7
- Finishing: Make every part together